- American Planning Association - Solar FAQs
The American Planning Association has compiled case studies to address common questions that jurisdictions have about solar zoning. A wealth of case studies illustrates how communities around the country have modified their zoning code to encourage the use of solar energy systems, protect solar access, build more "solar-ready" homes, regulate large-scale solar installations, mitigate the effects of glare, or address solar energy systems in historic districts.
- American Planning Association - Planning & Zoning for Solar Energy Info Packet
The Essential Info Packet created by the American Planning Association provides a collection of sample ordinances designed to address solar energy system installation, solar access, and solar siting.
Solar-Ready Building and Construction Resources
- Solar Ready Building Guidelines & Checklist (NREL, 2009)
- Minnesota Solar Ready Construction Guidelines (Lunning Wende Associates for the Minneapolis Saint Paul Solar Cities Program)
- About Solar Ready Homes (energy.gov)
- Sample Municipal Codes for a Solar-Ready Home (from Chula Vista, CA; Henderson, NV; Oro Valley, AZ; Rancho Palos Verdes, AZ; Tucson, AZ)
Solar Access Laws
- A Comprehensive Review of Solar Access Law in the United States: Suggested Standards for a Model Statute and Ordinance (Solar America Board for Codes and Standards, 2008)